There are two different options to choose from when purchasing a new vacuum cleaner: bagged vacuum cleaners and bagless vacuum cleaners. Bagged cleaners have been around for over 100 years while bagless models are relatively new. But which type is best for you? Read on to find out.
Bagged Vacuum Cleaners
Bagged vacuum cleaners have become less popular since the introduction of bagless models, but they offer some notable advantages over their bagless counterparts:
- Bagged vacuum cleaners are very hygienic due to dirt and debris being contained within a closed bag.
- These cleaners do not expose the user to dust when emptied, which makes them ideal for households with people who suffer from asthma or allergies.
- Bagged vacuum cleaners require little maintenance, with only some filter cleaning required every now and then.
Of course, there are some disadvantages and the performance of the cleaner may decrease as the bag becomes full. Additionally new bags must be purchased from time to time.
Bagless vacuum cleaners like the Bosch Bagged range are advised for people who suffer from asthma or allergies as they help to keep irritation and reactions to a minimum.
Bagless Vacuum Cleaners
An increasing number of homeowners are choosing bagless vacuum cleaners due to their easy-to-use and environmental friendly design. Advantages of bagless vacuum cleaners include:
- Bagless vacuum cleaners are less expensive to operate due to the lack of having to purchase new bags.
- It’s easier to tell when you need to empty the cleaner thanks to the see-through dirt chamber.
- As there is no bag to dispose of, bagless vacuum cleaners are more environmentally friendly and you can dispose of the dirt straight into a compost heap.
Unfortunately bagless vacuum cleaners are more likely to expose you to dust and allergens, and some models require more filter maintenance than bagged models to ensure optimum performance.
Bagless vacuum cleaners like the Miele Blizzard CX1 range are suitable for environmentally concise people looking for a straightforward cleaner.
Different vacuum cleaner models come with different features, so remember to research what’s on offer before you purchase. Bagged vacuum cleaners are great for people with asthma and allergies, while bagless vacuum cleaners are perfect for eco-friendly households.