Dublin Fire Brigade has warned people about the dangers of leaving devices plugged after a fire broke out in a house in Dublin this week.
It is believed that the fire was started by a phone charger that was left on the bed. Abedroom in a house in Castleknock was badly damaged in the blaze. The Dublin Fire Brigade was called out to the house around 11:20 in the morning.Thankfully, none of the house’s occupants were injured.
The Dublin Fire Brigade said that this incident highlights the dangers of leaving devices plugged in for long periods of times and near textiles. The Dublin Fire Brigade posted a tweet that said, “It’ll never happen to me! Well it did this morning in west Dublin, fire caused by phone charger overheating. Beware.” The tweet was accompanied by photos of the ruined room and a charger.
While stories like these emerge once in a while, many people think that it won’t happen to them. The Dublin Fire Brigade is urging people to err on the side of caution after this incident.
It’ll never happen to me! Well it did this morning in west Dublin, fire caused by phone charger over heating. Beware pic.twitter.com/dU813mgqZL
— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) February 22, 2015
In Short: The Dublin Fire Brigade has told phone owners not to leave chargers plugged in after one caught fire in a Dublin home this week.