So its time to get a new mattress – take note of these top tips to help you on your way to a good night’s sleep!
- Remember it is important to have an educated salesperson who can guide you through the many choices in bedding to help you find the mattress that best meets your personal needs and preferences. Reputable bedding retailers will have a large range on offer and include a number of brands thereby giving unbiased advice and choice for consumers, they should also be able to tell you specifically what the internal components are, this will allow you to compare all of the options available.
- Shop for the best value mattress, not the lowest price, treat the purchase as an investment in good sleep and thereby good health, the best assurance for good mattress performance over many years is to buy the highest quality sleep set you can afford.
- Lie before you buy. Be sure to “test drive” your new mattress a mattress may profess to have all the best features and benefits however if it is not comfortable for you and therefore interrupts your sleep then it may prove to be a poor investment.
- Do not be guided by the term firm as meaning that the mattress will offer good support a mattress with soft springs can often feel firm due to minimal comfort layers, the term firm is not necessarily a representation of good support or durability.
- Wear something comfortable, which will allow you to lie down and test several different positions. Take on your sleeping position and others to make sure it’s providing the support your need.
- Consider the warranty offered however also take into consideration the manufacturer of the mattress as a warranty is only as good as the company that is giving it. Reputable manufacturers will provide longer warranties on products which are using the higher quality materials available to them knowing that they are less likely experience a fault inside this period however normal wear and tear is not covered by this.
- Spend at least 3-5 minutes on the mattress focusing on the “feel”, the longer you spend on the better as some mattresses can take a few minutes to confor [Measuring tape] m to your body.
- Have your tape measure to hand to make sure you can gain access to the bedroom always consider this as with many innerspring mattresses having to bend these to gain access can be detrimental.
- When you have selected your new mattress, it is recommended to purchase the matching base, as the two are designed to work best together. In fact, some manufactures state that buying the mattress without its matching divan base may affect the terms of the warranty.
- Make sure you are fully informed about your purchase before leaving the store as this is an important investment, the right choice will enhance your quality of life considerably.
Did you know?Some retailers offer “comfort guarantees,” the option to return a mattress if you take it home and find that it is not comfortable. That offer can sound appealing, but in practice, it can mean extra days of coordinating pickups, redelivery and another day of shopping. Be wary as there is always a lot of fine print connected to these so called offers. Consumers are advised to take steps in the store to ensure the mattress and foundation they choose is the right one first time around.
Regardless of the type of sleep system you decide to purchase, always evaluate a mattress for comfort, support, durability and space. The mattress that best addresses these needs is the mattress for you.
Finding the Right Pillow
Did you know that your pillow has a great deal to do with how well you sleep at night? It’s true – your pillow can make or break a good night’s sleep. Getting a better night’s rest goes far beyond just buying a mattress that supports your body perfectly.
Choosing Your Bedding
Your bedding makes a big difference in the quality of your sleep. Once you have found the right mattress, the right bedding can make all the difference to a good night sleep. There are a number of things to consider when choosing your bedding.
So Where Do I Go? .
This is the fun part! Now that you have decided what is important to you it’s time to find the right retailer to fulfil those needs. Look for the following things;
Large range– Look for a store with a large range so you have options.
Helpful well trained staff– You will have lots of questions; make sure you are getting the correct answers and the assistance you need when purchasing.
Guarantee– All mattresses come with a guarantee so it’s important to buy from a reputable retailer so you know your warranty will be honoured.
Industry standard– Remember, some European retailers do not conform to the industry standard size of mattress or bed frame. Know your sizes as this can be a nightmare when trying to buy linen to dress your new bed.
Good delivery service– Look for a retailer that will provide delivery when it’s right for you.
We can proudly recommend your local Harvey Norman store – Ireland’s leading mattress and sleep experts.
In Short: Once you’ve decided that its definitely time to get a new mattress for your bed, you need these top tips for getting the best value for money