February will see the beginning of ‘Making Homes with Peter McVerry Trust’, a very important charity campaign we’re proud to be part of here at Harvey Norman. We ran this campaign last year too, managing to raise and incredible €183,693 together with our customers.
The goal, achievable with the help of your contributions, is to raise €170K. All monies raised will be donated to Peter McVerry Trust, a charity set up by Fr Peter McVerry in 1983 to reduce homelessness and the harm caused by drug misuse and social disadvantage.
Today, Peter McVerry Trust offers those in need a range of assistive services including Housing and Homeless Services, Drug Treatment Services and Under 18s Residential Services.
Creating a place to call Home is what Harvey Norman does best and now we want to help those in need of homes the most. However, to do this, we’re going to need your help.
How you can help:
- Buy a product from our ‘Making Home” collection and €5 will be donated to Peter McVerry Trust.
- Add €1 to your purchase at checkout and Harvey Norman will match it.
- Donate in-store all month to our fundraising activities, you can find a list of our in-store activities here.
- Donate what you can online here.
- Donate what you can to our collection buckets in-store.
The most important thing to remember is that all monies raised for the campaign will be donated to Peter McVerry Trust. Each donation will have a profound and lasting effect on the lives of people who otherwise would never have experienced the warmth and comfort of a home.
We’re extremely humbled to be involved in such a campaign and we can’t wait to help turn the key on homelessness.
Thank you for your support!