Throughout the month of October we’ve been running our annual Sleep Pink campaign. The campaign runs in partnership with the Marie Keating Foundation, with fundraising taking place in stores throughout the country.
Behind the great cause is our goal to educate customers on how to better their sleep and improve their health in the process. We also like to have a little fun when we can, which is why today we’ve got some Fun Facts About Sleep for you!
- It’s impossible to sneeze while asleep. Not that we recommend trying it of course!
- Sleeping on the job is acceptable in Japan, as it’s viewed as exhaustion from working hard. Maybe we’ve been doing it wrong in Ireland all along!
- Exhaling during sleep causes you to lose over a pound each night. I think I’ll get myself to bed asap!
- Mild snoring is nearly universal-so even if you think you don’t, you do!
- Believing you’ve slept well, even if you’ve been twisting and turning, actually improves your performance.
- We sleep better during the new moon and worse sleep during and full moon. Spooky!
- 12% of people dream entirely in black and white. Every night is like a classic movie!
- Within 5 minutes of waking up, 50% of your dream is forgotten. So be quick to write it down!
- Humans spend 1/3 of their life sleeping. The other 2/3s is spent thinking about sleep.
- Dysania is the state of finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning. It’s probably the most common problem in the world.