200g plain flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ level teaspoon salt
½ level teaspoon bread soda
100g butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs well beaten
75g walnut pieces chopped
75g chopped mixed nuts
Finely grated rind of 2 oranges
150 ml orange juice
For the Icing
300g full fat cream cheese
150g icing sugar
juice and finely grated rind of half an orange
- Put the Combination Steam oven on to Hot Air and Steam at 180ºC
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners
- Roughly chop the cranberries. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in the sugar.
- Whisk together the orange peel, juice and egg, fold into the flour with the melted butter. Add the cranberries and nuts. Mix all the ingredients together until just combined, don’t over mix.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin cases and bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the icing, beat the cream cheese with a hand held mixer, add the icing sugar, orange juice and rind and beat until well combined about 1 minute.
- Spread over the cooked muffins.
Provided by Siemens.
In Short: This recipe will walk you through how to make delicious Cranberry and Orange Muffins. They make for very tasty festive treats.