Turkey Breast Wrapped in Parma Ham Serves 4
1 free-range bronze turkey breast, 1kg in weight4-6 slices Parma ham30g buttersalt and pepper
For the stuffing200g sausage meat1 onion, very finely chopped1 apple, cored, peeled and grated100g cooked chestnuts, chopped100g fresh breadcrumbs1 egg yolkhandful of sage leaves, chopped
Pre heat Combi Steam oven to 190°C Hot Air and Steam
1. First make the stuffing: Put all the stuffing ingredients in a bowl. Season well then mix together with your hands. Keep refrigerated until ready for use.
2. Lay the turkey breast on a chopping board and cut a pocket horizontally through the breast. Open out the turkey breast like a book and season with salt and pepper.
3. Form a large handful of the stuffing into a sausage shape and place it in the center of the breast. Fold over and reshape the meat. Spread over the butter. Shape the remaining stuffing into balls.
4. Lay 6 slices of Parma ham onto a sheet of cling film, overlapping the slices slightly. Lay the turkey on the Parma ham and use the cling wrap to wrap the Parma ham around the turkey breast. Refrigerate for several hours or over night.
5. Place on the wire shelf in the oven with the solid shelf underneath and roast for 30 minutes then turn the oven down to 170°C Hot air and steam. Place the stuffing balls in the solid tray and cook for another 20 minutes.
6. To test if the turkey is done, insert a skewer into the thickest part of the meat. Any juices that come out should be clear.
This recipe is courtesy of Simens
In Short: Add a little something extra to your Turkey this Christmas with succulent Parma ham that’s a feast for the tastebuds