Sipping a exquisite cocktail on a warm summer’s evening is definitely one of the highlights of this heavenly time of year, so we’ve put together a short list of the very best summer cocktails you can make at home right now. Keep reading for some great pieces of kitchenware perfect for making superb summer cocktails.
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 bottle champagne
- 2 c. lemonade or pink lemonade
- In a shallow dish, mix lemon zest and sugar.
- Rim champagne flutes with a lemon and dip in sugar mixture.
- Place one slice of lemon inside each champagne flute, bending if needed.
- Fill flute halfway with champagne and top with lemonade. Serve.
- 1/2 c. lime juice
- 3 tsp. sugar, divided
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1/4 c. pineapple
- 1/4 c. strawberries
- 1/4 c. blueberries
- 6 oz. white rum, divided
- 1 can selter
- More fruit, for garnish
- lime slices, for garnish
- Among three glasses, divide the lime juice evenly. Next, add a teaspoon of sugar to the bottom of each glass, then two mint leaves and 1/4 cup fruit (one with pineapple, one with strawberries, and one with blueberries). Using the back of a wooden spoon, muddle the fruit and mint.
- Fill the glass two-thirds full with ice cubes. Add 2 ounces rum to each glass and top with seltzer. Garnish with fruit and lime.
- 4 oz. light rum
- 1/2 c. fresh strawberries
- 1/2 c. frozen strawberries
- Juice of 1 lime
- sliced lime, for garnish
- To a blender, add rum, fresh and frozen strawberries, and lime juice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and garnish with lime slices.