There’s nothing quite like a refreshing salad on a hot summer’s day, and in celebration of the start of the Irish summer we’ve put together a quick list of our favourite summer salad recipes.
You’ll also find a handy list of everything you need to prepare your delicious summer salads at the bottom of the blog!
- 3 c. corn
- 1 1/2 c. halved grape tomatoes
- 1 c. small mozzarella balls, quartered
- 1/2 c. sliced basil
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir until ingredients are completely mixed and coated in dressing. Garnish with herbs, if desired, then serve.
- 2 cups halved baby heirloom tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup diced firm, ripe fresh peaches (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Parmesan Vinaigrette
- 1 (8-oz.) package penne pasta*
- 2 cups shredded smoked chicken (about 10 oz.)
- 1/3 cup torn fresh basil
- 1/3 cup torn fresh cilantro
Toss together first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, and let stand 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. Add hot cooked pasta and chicken to tomato mixture; toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving platter, and top with basil and cilantro.
*1 (20-oz.) package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini may be substituted.
- 1 pound tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 medium scallions, dark green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 medium serrano or jalapeno chile, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Arrange tomato and cucumber slices on a platter. Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil, and sugar in a small bowl until sugar dissolves. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of dressing over tomatoes and cucumbers, and top with scallions, chile, and sesame seeds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with remaining dressing.