Check out this super tasty recipe for a mouth-watering chicken and leek lasagne.
Neff’s Recipe for Chicken & Leek Lasagne
450g skinless boneless chicken breasts
700ml chicken stock
300ml white wine
1 bay leaf
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
550g leeks, sliced and washed
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
75g plain flour
160g Gruyère cheese, grated
200g lasagne sheets
50g grated parmesan
3 tbsp pine nuts
Preheat the CircoTherm oven to 180°C. High Added Steam.
- To prepare the chicken: Place the chicken breasts into an oven-proof dish. Add the stock, white wine, bay leaf and peppercorns and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken from the dish. Strain the liquid through a sieve and reserve for making the sauce.
- Melt 25g butter in a large pan. Cook the garlic and leeks for around 10 minutes on a medium low heat and season well with salt and pepper. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces while the leeks are cooking. Remove the leeks and garlic from the pan and set aside.
- To make the sauce: Melt the remaining butter in the saucepan and stir in the flour. Whisk in the reserved cooking liquid and place back on the heat. Bring to the boil while stirring all the time. Season well, add the cream and bring back to the boil. Remove from heat and stir in three quarters of grated Gruyère cheese.
- To assemble the lasagne: Spoon a small portion of sauce over the base of an oven proof dish. Top with a layer of pasta followed by one third of the chicken and leeks. Add some more of the sauce and sprinkle a little parmesan.
- Continue layering the lasagne and finish with a generous layer of sauce. Sprinkle the remaining Gruyère, parmesan and add the pine nuts. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes and rest for about 10 minutes before serving.