Red Velvet CupcakesMakes 20
INGREDIENTS2 cups (410g) plain flourCup (25g) cocoa powder1 teaspoon baking powderTeaspoon salt185g butter, softened1 cup (330g) caster sugar2 eggsCup (180g) sour cream1 tablespoon pillar box red food colouringCup (125ml) buttermilkTeaspoon bicarbonate of soda1 teaspoon white vinegarCream cheese frosting, to ice
METHOD1. Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced. Line two x 12 hole 1/3 cup capacity muffin trays with 20 cupcake liners.
2. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt onto a sheet baking paper.
3. Assemble the Scraper Mixer Pro using scraper beater. Add butter and sugar to mixer bowl. Beat on Light Mixing setting for 1 minute then increase speed to Creaming setting and beat for 2 minutes until pale and creamy.
4. With the mixer on Light Mixing setting add the eggs one at a time then add the sour cream. Combine food colouring and milk together and pour half into the batter. Beat in half the flour mixture then repeat with remaining milk and flour mixtures. Turn the mixer to Knead /Fold setting, combine the bi-carb and vinegar and pour into the batter, mixing 20 seconds.
5. Spoon into paper cases, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre of cupcakes comes out clean. Stand in pans for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Once cool top with cream cheese frosting.Recipe provided by Sage Appliances
In Short: If you think a full Red Velvet cake might be a bit too much, why not try this cupcake recipe. You can eat more to make it up!