Get into the festive spirit with this delicious cookie recipe.
Neff’s Recipe for Oatmeal & Cranberry Cookies
4 tbsp golden syrup
170g self-raising flour
1¼ tsp bread soda
340g porridge oats
170g soft brown sugar
150g dried cranberries or raisins, roughly chopped.
Preheat the oven to 180ºC CircoTherm.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together in a saucepan over a low heat. When the butter has melted remove from the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Sieve the self-raising flour together with the bread soda. Stir in the rolled oats and mix in the sugar and dried fruit until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the butter and golden syrup mixture into this. Use a wooden spoon and stir until evenly mixed.
- Using your hands, divide the cookie mixture into pieces a bit smaller than a golf ball. Flatten out slightly and place on 4 baking trays lined with non stick paper.
- The cookies will spread out a good bit, so place them at least 4 cm apart on the baking sheets. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or till golden brown and crisp. Cool on a wire rack.