It’s getting pretty toasty as summer is here. Cool yourself down with this delicious White Chocolate Raspberry Crème Brûlée recipe from Platform 61.
- 5 egg yolks
- 40g white chocolate
- ½ litre cream
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 vanilla pods
- Half punnet raspberries
- Mix white chocolate, cream, sugar and vanilla pod seeds in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- When it starts rising, remove from the heat. Mix egg yolks.
- Pour the mixture into the egg yolks stirring continuously.
- Pour the mixture into small bowls and add 2/3 raspberries.
- Put the bowls into big tray, fill the tray with water to half the bowls.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake on 100 degrees for 50 minutes or until brûlée is fully set.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of brûlée and caramelise the sugar with torch.