Cup (110g) caster sugar
2⁄3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 tablespoon white sugar, to sprinkle
Cup raspberry jam
1⁄3 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Grease and line base and sides of a 25 x 30cm (base) swiss roll pan with baking paper, allowing 2cm overhang along both long ends.
2. Assemble the Scraper Mixer Pro using the whisk attachment; add eggs and sugar to the mixer bowl. Slowly turn mixer to Aerate/Whip setting and whisk for 5–6 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and pale.
3. Sift flour and cornflour together over the mixture. Turn the speed to Knead / Fold setting and whisk 20–30 seconds until just combined.
4. Spread sponge mixture into the pan and bake, for 10–12 minutes or until sponge springs back when touched in centre and edges start to shrink from sides.
5. Meanwhile, place a sheet of baking paper onto a clean tea-towel. Sprinkle with a little white sugar. Turn hot cake out onto the sugared paper. Remove paper lining and starting from 1 short side; gently roll the sponge and paper up. Roll in the clean tea towel and set aside to cool completely.
6. Unroll the sponge and spread with jam. Scatter over the raspberries. Re-roll sponge, this time without the paper, to enclose the filling. Place onto a serving plate and serve.
Recipe provided by Sage Appliances
In Short: An oldie but a goodie, the Raspberry Jam Roll is a dessert stable in many a home and for good reason. It’s simple yet effective on the tastebuds.