Cinnamon ScrollsMakes 12
INGREDIENTS1 teaspoons dried yeastCup (60ml) warm milkCup (55g) caster sugar2 cups (335g) bread flourTeaspoon cinnamonTeaspoon salt3 eggs, lightly beaten125g butter, softened and cut into cubes
Cinnamon filling2 tablespoons soft brown sugar1 tablespoon caster sugar1 teaspoon cinnamon25g butter, softened
METHOD1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 12 hole 1⁄3 cup capacity muffin tray.
2. Combine yeast, milk and 1 teaspoon of the sugar in a bowl; stir to combine. Allow to sit in a warm place for 5 minutes or until frothy.
3. Assemble the Scraper Mixer Pro using the dough hook. Add flour, cinnamon, salt, eggs, remaining sugar and yeast mixture into the mixer bowl. Turn mixer to Knead / Fold setting and mix until almost combined. Add the butter in a few cubes in at a time until mixed through (approx 3–4 min).
TIP: If some of the butter does not combine then stop the mixer and scrape butter onto dough then mix a little more.
4. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface and lightly knead until combined. Place in an oiled bowl; cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest in a warm draught free place for about 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
5. Meanwhile to make cinnamon sugar, combine the sugars and cinnamon and set aside.
6. Once rested, place dough onto a floured surface and roll or press out to rectangle
shape approximately 25cm x 45cm. Using your fingers or a spatula spread the softened butter over the dough. Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over the dough leaving 1 tablespoon for the tops.
7. Starting from the long side, roll the dough up to form a log.
TIP: If the dough is sticking as you are trying to roll it use a spatula or flat knife to lift it off bench. The dough should be very soft.
8. Trim ends of roll then cut into 12 equal size portions. Place each scroll, cut side up, into the greased muffin pan. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
9. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe provided by Sage Appliances
In Short: Delicious cinnamon and pastry become bite sized treats in our easy to follow recipe for the ultimate cinnamon scrolls