Chocolate rouladeServes 6
INGREDIENTS3 eggsCup (110g) caster sugar2⁄3 cup (100g) plain flour1 teaspoon baking powder2 tablespoons cocoa powder3 teaspoons boiling water1 tablespoon white sugar, to sprinkle300ml thickened cream2 tablespoons icing sugar1 teaspoon vanilla extract1 tablespoon icing sugar mixed with1 tablespoon cocoa powder, for dusting
METHOD1. Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Grease and line base and sides of a 25 x 30cm (base) swiss roll pan with baking paper, extending 2cm overhang along both long ends.
2. Assemble the Scraper Mixer Pro using the whisk attachment. Combine eggs and sugar into mixer bowl. Slowly turn mixer to Aerate/Whip setting and whisk for 5–6 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and pale.
3. Meanwhile, sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together onto a sheet baking paper twice. Turn the mixer off and sift the flour mixture for the third time over the egg mixture. Turn the speed Knead /Fold setting and whisk 20–30 seconds until just combined. Pour the water down the side of the bowl and mix 10 seconds.
4. Spread sponge mixture into the pan and bake, for 10–12 minutes or until sponge springs back when touched in centre and edges start to shrink from sides.
5. Meanwhile, place a sheet of baking paper onto a clean tea-towel. Sprinkle with a little white sugar. Turn hot cake out onto the sugared paper. Remove paper lining and starting from 1 short side; gently roll the sponge and paper up. Roll in the clean tea towel and set aside to cool completely.
6. Wash and dry mixer bowl. Assemble mixer using the whisk attachment; combine the cream, icing sugar and vanilla in the bowl. Slowly turn mixer to Aerate /Whip setting and whisk for 40 50 seconds until firm peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. Unroll the sponge and spread evenly with the cream. Re-roll sponge, this time without the paper, to enclose the cream. Place onto a serving plate, dust with icing sugar and cocoa powder and serve.
Recipe provided by Sage Appliances
In Short: Our easy to follow recipe for Chocolate roulade will help you create a perfect dessert for up to six people in no time