Chocolate CakeServes 10
4 egg whites (150g)200g good quality dark chocolate200g butter, softened1 cup (220g) caster sugar1 teaspoon vanilla extract2 eggs1 cup self-raising flourCup cocoa powder1 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C no fan (160°C with fan). Grease and line base and sides of a 22cm cake pan with baking paper.
2. Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over hot water. Set aside.
3. Assemble the Scraper Mixer Pro using scraper beater. Add butter, sugar and vanilla in mixer bowl. Slowly turn mixer to Cream/Beat setting; beat for 1–2 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add eggs one and at time, beat until combined. Add melted chocolate and mix until combined.
4. Reduce speed to Knead/Fold setting; add sifted dry ingredients and buttermilk in two batches. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
5. Allow cakes to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Serve cake with chocolate ganache.
Recipe provided by Sage Appliances
In Short: If you’re in the mood for a treat, spoil yourself with this recipe for an utterly decadent chocolate cake that’s definitely not a healthy option!