Christmas dinner with all your friends and family is a wonderful yearly tradition; it just wouldn’t be Christmas without everyone piling into one house for a sit-down meal! Harvey Norman has the perfect selection of appliances and kitchenware to make hosting Christmas that little bit easier!
We’ve looked at our favourite kitchenware and appliances here at Harvey Norman, and dug out some classic Christmas recipes, to help you host a killer Christmas with ease.
Neff Pyrolyctic Single Oven
Where would we be on Christmas day without roast turkey? This Neff Oven is perfect for making your Christmas roast, with ample room for even the most impressive turkeys, and a whole pile of gorgeous roast parsnips, carrots and sprouts.
To make the perfect Christmas Turkey, you will need:
- 100g/3½oz butter, softened
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4.5kg/10lb turkey, with giblets removed and cavity wiped clean
- 3 large onions, halved
- The bird should be prepared the night before. Mix the butter with the salt and ground black pepper, then season the cavity.
- Rub the butter mix all over the turkey. Leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Heat the oven to 220C/430F/Gas 7. Allow the turkey to come to room temperature while the oven is heating up.
- Put the onions in a large roasting tray. Put the turkey on a trivet or wire rack in the tray. Pour one cup of boiling water into the cavity of the bird and seal with a skewer. Pour two cups of boiling water into the bottom of the tin, then cover the whole thing with two layers of foil.
- Cook for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 200C/400F/Gas 6. After 1½ hours, remove the foil. Cook for a further 40 minutes.
- To test whether the turkey is cooked, insert a skewer or knife blade into the point where the thigh joins the breast – the juice should run clear.
- If it is pink, cook it for another 20 minutes and test again. Leave the turkey for at least 15 minutes before carving.