Today’s recipes roundup features a selection of delectable mid-summer recipes that are perfect for impromptu dinner parties in the garden.
Don’t forget to visit Harvey Norman’s Cooking Appliances section, where you’ll find plenty of amazing ovens, hobs, cookers and more to choose from, such as the Whirlpool Induction Hob, a flexible cooking space that offers plenty of room for pots and pans.
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 200 ml water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 200 g diced pancetta
- 1.5 red chillies
- 465 ml passata
- 330 g penne
- – small handful parsley and parmesan to serve
- 1.5 onions, peeled and quartered
- Let’s start with removing damaged leaves from the lettuce head; then, wash and cut it in strips; clean the leek and cut it into thin slices.
- Next up, place a pot on the stove
- Time to add peas, sliced leek, and about 3/4 l of water.
- Bring to a boil and continue cooking over medium heat for about 20-25 minutes
- When cooked, add the lettuce strips and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- It’s now time to blend the mixture slowly adding oil in thin threads, and, if necessary, sieve it.
- Finally, serve the soup, topping it, if desired, with croutons or sautéed fish fillets
- 1 sprigs cherry tomatoes
- A few sprigs thyme
- Half glass white wine
- to taste extra virgin olive oil
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 clove garlic
- a few leaves sage
- 1 sprigs marjoram
- 1 orange
- 2 spoonfuls teggiasche or dark oil-cured olives
- Let’s start with marinating the chicken for a few hours in white wine, orange peel, half the herbs and a tablespoon of oil.
- Next, in a pan add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, sage, marjoram and thyme (leaving some aside for later), and garlic clove; cook for a couple of minutes then lay the two halves of chicken removed from the marinade.
- At this point, brown on both sides, add orange juice and olives and continue cooking for about half an hour, covering with a lid.
- Next up, also add cherry tomatoes cut into quarters and the remaining herbs and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- 1 pinch salt
- 180 ml milk
- 100 g flour
- 2 knobs butter
- 1 spoonful sugar
- to taste honey
- 1 egg
- 50 g blueberries
- 2 teaspoonfuls baking powder
- For starters, place in a bowl the flour mixed with sugar and baking powder.
- Then, use another bowl to mix milk, beaten eggs and melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and mix well until the batter thickens.
- At this point, set aside for 30 minutes, then add the blueberries.
- Next, let’s turn on the stove.
- Place on it a pancake pan greased with the remaining butter.
- Heat and pour a ladleful of batter: cook a couple of minutes on each side and serve with honey.
The above recipes were sourced from Whirlpool.