There’s nothing quite like a tasty summer salad on a hot summer’s day and thanks to the versatility of this dish you can enjoy it at lunch, dinner, BBQs or on a family picnic.
We’ve got lots of useful bits and bobs for making salads here at Harvey Norman including the automatic Easy Spin Salad Spinner, the Elemental Salad Servers and the Zyliss Shake ‘N’ Pour Dressing Mixer, all of which speed up the salad-making process and ensure your summer salads are second to none!
And now for the recipes!
- 2 x 400g can cannellini beans
- 100g watercress
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 250g pack sundried tomatoes and olives
- Drain and rinse the beans, then combine in a bowl with the watercress, zest and juice of the lemon, tomatoes and olives, including the oil from the pack. Toss well and season to taste.
- 130g pack roast turkey slices
- 80g pack green salad leaves
- 200g tub fresh Moroccan couscous
- 100g tub pomegranate seeds
- Roughly tear the turkey slices and put in a large bowl with the salad and couscous. Add a drizzle of olive oil and toss well. Divide between two plates, then sprinkle each with the pomegranate seeds. Grind over pepper to serve.
- 225g day-old rustic Italian bread, crusts discarded and bread torn into bite-sized pieces
- 10 anchovy fillets, plus extra to serve
- 60ml red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large egg
- 240ml vegetable oil
- 30g grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus extra shaved to serve
- 4 Little Gem lettuces, leaves separated and chilled
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Spread the bread out on a baking tray and bake for about 12 mins until golden and crisp, then leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the 10 anchovy fillets with the vinegar, mustard and garlic, and purée until smooth. Add the egg and pulse until just incorporated. With the machine on, gradually drizzle in the vegetable oil until it emulsifies to create a creamy dressing. Scrape the dressing into a bowl and stir in the cheese. Season, cover with cling film and put in the fridge until well chilled and thickened, at least 30 mins.
- In a very large bowl, toss the chilled lettuce leaves with half the dressing, gently rubbing the dressing onto the leaves with your hands. (Save the remaining dressing for another salad or to serve with grilled chicken.) Divide the dressed lettuce between chilled bowls and scatter the croutons on top. Garnish with anchovy fillets and serve right away, passing round the extra cheese at the table.
- 110g bag mixed leaves
- 100g marinated feta
- 400g tub beetroot salad
- 1 ready-to-eat mixed grain pouch
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss together with some seasoning, The oil in the feta will create a dressing for the salad.
Many thanks to BBC Good Food for these wonderful recipes.