Are you ready to get your cook on this Saturday at the ‘Cooking with Kevin Dundon’ event at the Harvey Norman flagship store in Tallaght?
That’s right guys, we’re hosting an exclusive cooking event with celebrity chef Kevin Dundon this Saturday the 20th to celebrate the launch of the Hoover Candy Vision Oven!
The event is free to attend but spaces are very limited and you must register beforehand. You can find out more information here.
Kevin very kindly provided us with some of his world-class recipes to help you prepare for this wonderful experience.
Savoury Spring Onion & Cheddar Quiche
200g plain flour
100g butter, diced
Pinch of salt
5-6 dessertspoons of ice cold water
6 large free range eggs
8-10 mushrooms-thinly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
4 Spring Onions, cut diagonally
100g Sliced Ham,
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
110g grated mature cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
To make the pastry: Sieve the plain flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the salt. Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix in enough cold water to bind the pastry together. Cover with cling film and rest until required. Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 9 inch quiche dish. Blind bake the shell for 15-18 minutes or until the pastry is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling.
Fry the mushrooms in a little oil for 4-5 minutes or until they are just softened, season with some salt and pepper. Spread the mushrooms over the pastry base. Chop the ham and spring onions and spread it over the mushrooms. Dot the cherry tomatoes in though the filing. Mix the eggs and milk together and add some seasoning, then pour over the top of the flan. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with a mixed side salad.
Indulgent Chocolate Fondants
These chocolate fondants are very rich and indulgent.
Good quality chocolate makes all the difference, so try to get chocolate with a minimum of 70% cocoa solids.
200g Dark chocolate, broken into pieces
3 eggs, separated
110g caster sugar (10g +100g)
Pouring cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F.
Over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate with the butter in a bowl until combined. Remove from the heat and set aside for 2 -3 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a separate bowl, beat egg yolks with 10g of sugar until combined. Keep aside.
- In a third bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peak and start to combine the caster sugar until sift and shiny as a meringue. Fold the egg yolk in the chocolate mixture and then the meringue.
- Fill 4 porcelain teacups two-thirds full and arrange on a baking tray and bake for 12 minutes until well risen but still with a slight wobble in the middle.