Christmas is just around the corner and to help you get into the festive mood we have for you today some super tasty festive drinks recipes from BBC Good Food.
From yummy vegan eggnog to masterful mulled wine, these festive drinks recipes will be a big hit with your guests this Christmas.
25g pitted dates
25g cashew nuts
25g dried apricots
¼ tsp mixed spice
1 vanilla pod, seeds only
1l sweetened almond milk
ice, to serve
nutmeg, to serve
- Soak the dates, cashews, apricots and mixed spice in the brandy overnight.
- The next day, tip the mixture into a blender and add the seeds from the vanilla pod and the almond milk. Blitz until smooth, then pour into eight tall glasses (use a sieve, if you like) with ice and grate some nutmeg on top.
750ml bottle of red wine
1 sliced clementine
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
3 dried figs
3 black peppercorns
- Pour the red wine into a large saucepan. Add the clementine, cinnamon stick, star anise, dried figs, cloves and black peppercorns. Heat very gently until simmering, then turn off the heat.
- Fish out the whole spices and peppercorns with a spoon, then stir in the brandy. Ladle into mugs, or heatproof glasses to serve. You could drop in a slice of clementine to each.
50ml double cream
150ml whole milk
50g chopped milk chocolate
25g chopped dark chocolate
few mini white chocolate buttons
- Whip the double cream until it holds its shape then set aside until needed.
- Put the milk in a small saucepan and heat gently until simmering. Add the milk chocolate and dark chocolate, then stir until melted. Pour into a mug and top with a dollop of the double cream and scatter over a few mini white chocolate buttons to decorate.